Monday 18 February 2013

Again

Again I pass the point
Once more I cross the line
Come for me, triangle!
I will make you mine
But now the square comes near
Four walls approaching fast
I try to--
GAME. OVER.

Patiently restart
Wending left and right
Careful studied moves
I won’t mi--
GAME. OVER.

Suppressing all emotion
I try to curb my wrath
I search for the one thread
I seek the golden path
Ten seconds last an age
An hour seems a blur
My eyes locked on the screen
My body does not stir
But my heart is racing fast
Excitement overwhelms
My timing oh so perfect
Now falling to th--
GAME. OVER.

Quickly I restart
That won’t happen ag--
GAME. OVER.

Slowly I restart
That won’t happen again
My thoughts are calm and clear
My actions are certain
I focus on the route
Through the moving walls
Studying the patterns
Careful not to fall
Always watch ahead
Beyond the winding maze
Riding on the rapids
Death a narrow graze
A friendly sequence passed
A spinning foe conquered
Practise perfect makes
Persistence now rewards

Point and line
Streak by fast
Triangle
Soaring past
Square leads to
Pentagon
And on to holy
Hexagon
Sixty seconds
Can I reach?
Old records
Can I breach?
Fifty-seven
Flies right by
Fifty-eight
I will not die!
Time slows down
Before my will
This moment pure
Standing still
Fifty-nine
Now is gone
Sixty seconds!
Hexagon!

My joy is true
My quest complete
A record new
For me to beat
Just how far
Can I achieve?
There’s no limit
I believe!
In hyper mind
I play on
Breaking past
Hexagon
Infinity
Now seems closer
But at sixty-one--
GAME. OVER.


[Inspired by Super Hexagon]

No comments:

Post a Comment